The temperatures are cooling off, which means the trees are showing their off their Colorado fall colors.
Following are some of our f
avorite drives through the high country:
- Guanella Pass Scenic Byway – Begin in Georgetown towards to town of Grant. Turn right onto US 285 and take the highway to the top of Kenosha Pass.
- Highway of Legends Scenic Byway – Begin in La Veta headed towards Trinidad on Colorado 12, which wraps around the Spanish Peaks.
- Peak-to-Peak Scenic Byway – Begin at Colorado 119 in Black Hawk and head north towards Nederland. Follow Colorado 72 to Raymond and proceeds on Colorado 7 past Longs Peak to Estes Park.
- Kebler Pass – Begin west of Crested Butte on County Road 12 (note: this is a dirt road). If you desire more viewing, at Colorado 133 head north towards MClure Pass.
- Grand Junction to Grand Mesa – Begin in Grand Junction and head East on 1-70 through Palisade along the Colorado River. At Colorado 65 head East and then South to the top of Grand Mesa.
- Maroon Bells – Located just southwest of Aspen. Access to viewing is limited mid-June through October. Park for free at the Aspen Highlands Parking Structure and take the bus run by RFTA.
Make sure you check out the local weather reports before you go. Colorado weather can be crazy and the peak of the changing colors can vary greatly on yearly weather patterns.
Looking for an agent to help you buy or sell a home? Libby Levinson specializes in Denver Metro residential real estate. Contact Libby for answers to your Denver real estate questions!
Meet the Author
Libby Levinson made the move into real estate in 2005 and proudly joined Kentwood Real Estate – Cherry Creek in 2006. During her career, Libby has had the pleasure of helping a variety of clients navigate their real estate transactions: helping first-time buyers find their starter home; coordinating the synchronized sale and purchase for buyers looking for more space; sellers looking to down-size; and assisting sophisticated investors with their next investment opportunity. She has also enjoyed working with buyers building their dream home from the ground up. Libby is known for her ability to smoothly facilitate the complex details of both the buying and selling process.
Libby’s real estate website is www.libbysellsdenver.com. She also writes for www.lifestyledenver.com.