Your Complete Guide to Valentine’s Day in Denver
Trying to figure out what to do this Valentine’s Day in the mile high city? We’ve got your covered! Valentine’s Day is one of my favorite holidays, so I wanted to spread the love and share some insider tips on how to celebrate with your loved one.
Photo courtesy of the Four Seasons Denver
Looking For An Activity? Following are a few ideas that will that make your Valentine’s in Denver a day to remember.
- Couples Massage – Relax and unwind with a couples massage. You can’t go wrong with either the Four Seasons or The Ritz-Carlton.
- Horse Drawn Carriage Ride – Try out a horse drawn carriage ride through downtown Denver snuggled up under a warm blanket with your Valentine. There are multiple pick-up locations along the 16th Street Mall.
- Ice Skating – Take a spin with your sweatheart around the Southwest Rink at Skyline Park located on the corner of 16th Street & Arapahoe Street. Access to the rink is free and skate rentals are $2.
- Painting Class – Let your creativity flow with a painting class and a bit of vino. With a few studios around town your bound to find the right fit for your artistic level. Following area few of my favorite studios (Canvas and Cocktails, Whimsy Paint and Sip Art Studio & Sipping n Painting Highland).
- Winery Tour – Love wine? Take a tour of Denver’s urban winery located in RiNo. The Infinite Monkey Theorem sources most of its’ grapes from the Western slope of Colorado.
Fancy A Drink? These hot spots around Denver are the perfect place to cozy up with your sweetheart.
- Cooper Lounge – Perched at the top of Denver’s Union Station, enjoy the sights and sounds of the bustling station and enjoy an exquisitely crafted cocktail served on a silver tray.
- Beatrice and Woodsley – This Broadway gem was voted one of America’s Top Restaurants by Zagat. It also has a truly enchanting ambiance that is reminiscent of camping under the stars.
- Green Russell – Enjoy the bygone era with a drink at this speakeasy on Larimer Square which features handcrafted cocktails. Don’t know what to order? Leave it up to the talented bartenders to serve up the perfect drink for your pallet.
- Peaks Lounge at Hyatt Regency – Take in the Denver skyline with your Valentine from the 27th floor of the Hyatt Regency. The extensive wine list and friendly wait staff this is a spot is a true delight.
- Cruise Room at the Oxford – This art deco-style bar modeled after one of the lounges on the historical Queen Mary is a true Denver gem not to be missed.
Need A Gift? Cupid can’t go wrong with one of these treats for your beloved.
- Singing telegram – Sound of the Rockies, a men’s a cappella chorus, will serenade your Valentine with quartets formed from the award winning group.
- Flowers – While there are many fabulous florists in the Denver Metro Area, my favorite it Bloom by Anuschka. While the blooms can be pricy, they are absolutely exquisite.
- Chocolates – Visit the Chocolate Lab for Denver’s best small batch, hand-crafted chocolate treats.
- Cards – Stop by the Paper Source and let one of the friendly staff members help you pick the perfect card for your love.
We hope you have a wonderful Valentine’s Day filled with love and laughter.
All our best,
Libby & Gretchen
About Libby Levinson
Libby made the move into real estate in 2005 and proudly joined Kentwood Real Estate – Cherry Creek in 2006. During her career, Libby has had the pleasure of helping a variety of clients navigate their real estate transactions: helping first time buyers find their starter home; coordinating the synchronized sale and purchase for buyers looking for more space; sellers looking to down-size; and assisting sophisticated investors with their next investment opportunity. She has also enjoyed working with buyers building their dream home from the ground up. Libby is known for her ability to smoothly facilitate the complex details of both the buying and selling process.
Libby’s real estate website is www.libbysellsdenver.com. She also writes for www.lifestyledenver.com.