The Denver area residential real estate market continues to both amaze and frustrate. Buyers are frustrated and sellers are often amazed. The main issue we’re struggling with is that homeowners are afraid to list their home because they’re afraid of being sold out of it. They have nowhere to go, they reason, so they can’t sell.
Can you see the circular logic here?
Here are 5 great reasons to speak with your real estate broker today if you’re at all considering listing your home for sale:
- Depending on your area of Denver and price point of your home, you may well have multiple offers within days. No more dreadful vacuuming your way out the door. This phase of the sale goes quickly in our current market. Your broker will be there to help manage the complex back-end of negotiations, inspections, appraisal, title and closing.
- You’ll be in a much better financial position when you’re the buyer competing for your replacement home. There’s practically no way you’ll get an offer contingent on the sale of your home even glanced at when sellers have multiple cash offers waiving an inspection, appraisal or loan objection.
- While you may be camping in your parents’ basement at 45, or living in a Residence Inn for awhile, you’ll be nimble. This goes back to being able to position yourself to look like the absolute dream of a buyer. Seller wants to move quickly? No problem! Seller wants to rent back for 3 weeks? No problem! The Marriott has a pool anyway and the bellhop walks Fido every morning.
- You’ll benefit from our fantastic price appreciation of the past two years while interest rates are still low. Imagine selling your house for a tidy profit, and buying your next home at an even lower interest rate! Price appreciation will slow down eventually – even though this summer is shaping up to continue in a positive trend. Interest rates will begin a slow rise at some point. They’re still low for the foreseeable future which is a great advantage in being able to buy more house.
- Counter intuitive as it may sound, the real estate market in Denver tends to slow down a bit during mid to late summer. Spring is always the best real estate market here and if you need time to spruce, spiff and stage you need to get going.
Homeowners – would you love to move? Do you need to move? List your house this spring, Denver’s historically best real estate season. Help yourself and help all those other wanna be sellers by filling in the blanks on that for sale sign.
If you all get your houses on the market, you’ll all have something to move into! Or at least look at.
Denver Real Estate company Kentwood Real Estate is locally owned and managed. We work with clients throughout the Denver metro area. Gretchen Rosenberg is the Employing Broker at Kentwood Real Estate – Cherry Creek.