Hi there! My name is Gretchen Rosenberg, the author of LifeStyle Denver.
In case you haven’t had the opportunity to view my bio yet, I thought I’d give you a little background and tell you about my favorite things to do in Denver for the Fourth of July.
I sell Denver real estate, a profession I’ve loved for over 12 years. Denver is a fabulous city, with so many great neighborhoods. If you’re around Denver this coming weekend – here are a few of my favorite things to do over Independence Day:
1. Cherry Creek Arts Festival: Our central Denver neighborhood of Cherry Creek hosts the annual Arts Festival every Fourth of July. It’s a three day event with hundreds of booths and exhibits. This is no craft fair, it’s a juried show of some top artists throughout the U.S. You can also enjoy the Culinary Arts demonstrations, the kids’ creation area and several outdoor concerts.
2. Colorado Rockies: Every year the Rockies host a fireworks exhibit after the July 4th game, and this year is no exception. My son loves going to this game with his dad. We’re playing the Marlins, and the games with fireworks are on the 3rd and 4th at 6:05 pm. We need a couple of wins!
3. Four Mile Historic Park: Pioneer exhibits and Denver’s oldest standing structure. This place is a blast for the little kids, and interesting for adults with an appetite for history. Don’t miss the horse-drawn carriage rides!
4. Red Rocks: Looking for more adult entertainment? Blues Traveler/Live/Collective Soul are playing at Red Rocks. What a night! I just checked, and tickets are still available.
5. Santa Fe Arts First Friday: It’s First Friday again at the Santa Fe Arts District! Go there first on Friday evening to sample the terrific local artists, and then check out the CC Arts Fest over the weekend. An art-lover’s heaven of a weekend.
6. Pro Lacrosse: Lacrosse fan? Head over to Invesco Field (Mile Hi to locals) and watch the Outlaws play the San Francisco Dragons. Fireworks follow.
7. Symphony On the Rocks: The Colorado Symphony Orchestra will be playing at Red Rocks on Sunday evening at 7:30. Doesn’t this sound like a perfectly wonderful evening after all of the special events you’ve gone to for the past 3 days?
8. Colorado Renaissance Festival: Who needs to cook when you can get a big-a– turkey leg and carry it around with you? The Renaissance Festival is perennially a family favorite. It’s running weekends through early August.
9. Colorado History Museum: This is the last weekend for their exhibit called “The Italians” illustrating the impact that Italian Immigrants have had on our state.
10. Fireworks! Did you think I’d forget? The Glendale city fireworks display is Saturday, July 5th at dusk. Lannie Garrett is playing a concert there too. You can catch fireworks after the Rockies and the Outlaws games. Macy’s will be hosting a fireworks show on July 5th at the Cherry Creek shopping center – best viewing is from the Fillmore Plaza in Cherry Creek North.
Have a fun and safe weekend. If you’re thinking of buying, selling or relocating ~ think of me and click on the “contact me” button. I’ll send you customized information on real estate. Me~Gretchen Rosenberg🙂 an agent who loves her job!